Samsung appears to have filed copyright claims against YouTube videos mocking its recalled Galaxy Note 7 handset.
Many gamers have showcased a modification to video game Grand Theft Auto V, in which sticky bombs were switched with exploding Samsung phones.
But some have reported that their videos have been blocked on YouTube following a copyright complaint.
Samsung has not yet responded to repeated BBC requests for comment.
Critics have warned that trying to remove gamers` videos will only draw more attention to them.
One US gamer - known as DoctorGTA - said restrictions had been put on his YouTube account as a result of Samsung`s complaint.
"It`s going to take three months to get the strike removed from my channel... I got my live stream taken away," he said in a video.
"If I submit a counter-notification to say `sue me`, I wonder what they will do. Will they sue me, the kid that has cancer and just makes money off YouTube playing a video game?"
"It really sucks, because I really worked hard on this channel."
Some viewers warned that Samsung was at risk of invoking the Streisand Effect - a term used to denotes increased publicity as a result of attempts to remove embarrassing online content.
It was first used in 2005 by Mike Masnick, founder of the website Techdirt, following a failed attempt by singer Barbra Streisand to sue a photographer who posted a picture of her seaside home.
The original download page for the Grand Theft Auto V modification, created by player HitmanNiko, has not been taken offline.
- Samsung Galaxy A5, Galaxy A7 (2018) Spotted on Wi-Fi Certification Site, Following US FCC Debut
- Twitter Confirms It Is Testing a `Tweetstorm` Feature on Android, iOS
- Top 10 Scariest Giant Creatures
- Sweden`s Incredibly Rare White Moose Was Nearly Killed Earlier This Week
- Skype Loses Belgian Court Appeal After It Fails to Comply With Call Data Order
- Razer IPO: Gaming Firm Rises More Than 40 Percent in Hong Kong Debut
- Trees in Some Cities Grow Faster Than in The Wild, And Here`s The Crazy Reason Why
- NASA Finally Has Stunning Photos of The Giant Iceberg That Broke Off Antarctica
- TOP 6 Best home security systems that are really cool (NEW) wireless security system
- WhatsApp: Deleted Sent Messages Can Still Be Read by Recipients